Friday, July 17, 2009

Wolf Gap Camping Trip

We managed to escape the busy rat race around here and enjoy a fun camping trip and hike at Wolf Gap in West Virginia. We had a great time hiking, relaxing, playing games, eating chicken tin foil dinners and Smores!!!




This picture reminds me of the song we had at our wedding reception "I'm on the top of the world....."




We almost lost Rachel over the edge of the cliff.......Good thing her dad was there to help her..... Just kidding she is actually standing on a very safe ledge below her. But she still made me nervous and she sure scared another hiker that came by.



I call this picture the generation gap.........



I was a little out of shape for the 3 mile hike but I didn't do to bad keeping up with them

Our fearless leader pointing out the valley below. The view at the top was worth the steep climb!

Spooky story time......"I see some eyes"...........












4 comments:

Heather Skahill said...

Hmmm...it seems like I remember that song from your wedding reception too. I still think of you whenever I hear it on the radio. It looks like a beautiful place and a fun time. Sure loved seeing you last month.

Launa said...

Fun! I am enjoying your blog very much. I loved the pictures. We all got moved.....well, Dev and Kelly are with her parents until they close, but we are in our house and Karen is in hers. let the organizing begin!! Love you all

Chris and Brindy said...

Oh no you don't SEE SOME EYES! It looks beautiful, just as I left it! :) I miss it out there so badly! Miss you guys too. We need to go camping.

Jenny Stoker said...

How fun! I'm not much of a hiker but it looks like you had lots of fun. I like that story about the eyes. We took a picture of a racoon we had in the back and all we could see were the eyes and it reminded me of that story! I love you guys!

About Us

We met in the 8th grade and dated all through High School. We just celebrated our 30th Anniversary. We have six children - five daughters and one son. Four of our children are married and two are in college.